At Skookum Cycle & Ski, we have what you need to get out there and have your best day playing in the hills, whether you’re rolling or sliding!
Located in Salmon Arm, BC – in the heart of the Shuswap, BC.
At Skookum Cycle & Ski, we have what you need to get out there and have your best day playing in the hills, whether you’re rolling or sliding! Bikes, skis, boards, gear, clothing and accessories; chances are, we have what you’re looking for. Not only do we stock great gear, we repair all types of bikes, and completely tune up ski’s and boards.
For us, it’s about more than just the gear; it’s how the gear fits and works for you so you get the most comfort, performance and enjoyment out of your gear every time you use it. On the trail or on the snow, we work hard to make sure you have the right stuff for you and what you do. And, because we’ve been at this since 1998, you get the benefit of years of experience and training.
At Skookum, we work and play where we live. We believe in our communities and in contributing to their lifestyle and culture; when we’re not at work, chances are you’ll find one of us volunteering at or organizing a local event. Bike races, ski races, movie nights, triathlons. We are proud financial and volunteer supporters of many local, non-profit organizations including the Larch Hills Junior Ski Team, Shuswap Cycling Club and Shuswap Trail Alliance.
G3 Ion 10 Binding
THE MOST ACCESSIBLE ION.
Same renowned feature set as the ION 12, with a lower Release Value 4 – 10. Now you can pick the ION that best matches your skiing! Otherwise it’s the same lightweight, high-performance touring binding weighing in at only 585 g (1 lb 4.6 oz) per binding.
- Optimal Energy Absoprtion = Maximized energy absorption. Minimized pre-releases.
- Forward Pressure = Maintains consistent release values in landings and compressions.
- Step-In Guidance = Quick, easy & consistent step-in.
- QuickFlick Heel Lifts = Easy to grab with pole or hand.
- User Friendly Heel Rotation = Turn heel in either direction to lock for touring with either hand.
- Single Tool = Pozi Drive #3 for all mounts and adjustments. No heel spacer needed.
- Snow Clearing Channel = Prevents snow buildup, avoids unwanted pre-releases.
- Powerful, Dependable Brake = Fully retracting spring-loaded brake. Reassuring step-in.
- Heel AFD = Consistent release for all boots, independent of sole type.
Tecnica Zero G Guide Touring Boot
Whether you aspire to climb for fitness, a few quick turns or the challenge of going further then you ever have before — the new Tecnica Zero G Guide can take you beyond your boundaries. The C.A.S. Triax 3.0 shell is über lightweight while offering an amazing out of the box fit with a progressive 99mm last. The Zero G Guide comes stock with Dynafit Tech rockered heels and toes that combine with our new Self Adjusting Cuff Mobility System for a seemless climbing experience. With four Alu buckles and classic Tecnica design, these boots will knock your socks off with downhill performance that has never been this light before.
NOTE: These soles work with a tech binding and a touring (ISO 9523) binding only. They will not work in a DIN, Grip Walk or WTR binding.
Dynafit TLT6 Mountain CR Boot
Lightweight and performance: TLT Mountain MS is the right choice for expert skiers seeking a lightweight boot for climbing, walking and training without compromising on downhill fun. You can modify the degree of flex to suit your needs by using it together with the removable Downhill Booster tongue, which combines with the very effective Ultra Lock Strap and the customizable forward lean of the cuff to ensure the TLT 6 delivers outstanding downhill performance. The construction combines Grilamid® and Pebax® to provide a ski which forgives mistakes thanks to its elasticity while making boot fitting easy. TLT6 leads the field in ascents, thanks to the short sole and enhanced roll and mobility as well as providing perfect crampon compatibility. The architecture with rear spoiler and the Ultra-Lock Closure System 2.0 ensure unbelievable mobility, and changing from ski to walk mode or vice-versa can be achieved with one movement. The Custom Ready liner provides out-of-the-box comfort and has been designed for those looking for ease of use and good thermal insulation.
G3 Via Ski Pole
Our toughest adjustable ski touring pole, the Via is a true work horse. It boasts the same features as the Via Carbon, but with a lightweight and durable 7075 Aluminum upper and lower shaft.
- Grip It & Rip It – Ergonomic dual density plastic grip shaped for comfort & precision.
- QuickFlick Utility Tab – Flick your binding risers or buckles with ease. Also aids in precise pole plants. Hard plastic eyelet yields one of 2 attachment points for drying gloves or attaching tent lines.
- Backcountry Strap – Comfortable, form fitting, and easily removable for skiing in avalanche terrain.
- Side Hill Grip – Lightweight and simple lower grip position for side-hill ski touring.
- Reliable Connections – Burly forged Aluminum lever with a simple and easy to use offset cam gives you a reliable and sturdy connection between pole sections.
- Asymetric Powder Basket – Reduces drag & eliminates cantilever effect in hard pack snow or while doing steep terrain kick turns. Easier to hook binding heel lifts up and down.
- Flex Ferrules – Protects lower shaft. Easily replaceable.
- Carbide Tip – Grips securely on ice and rock. Provides long term durability.
- Trekking / Snag Proof Basket – Comes with extra trekking baskets for spring/summer use.
Black Diamond Ascension Nylon STS Skins
From one-lap dawn patrols to 10,000-foot days, the Black Diamond Ascension Nylon STS Skins offer standard-setting traction on the uphill with efficient glide thanks to our redesigned plush material, which is now 20% lighter and more packable than previous versions. The Ascension Nylon STS Skins feature our patented STS tail attachment system, which provides up to 10 cm of adjustability for using with different skis in your quiver or for easy tensioning. The adjustable tip loop accommodates a wide range of modern ski tip shapes. We also gave the skins a pre-trimmed, bikini-style tail for reduced drag and weight.
- Durable plush material provides benchmark climbing and efficient glide with high packability
- Patented STS adjustable tail provides 10 cm of length adjustment
- Adjustable tip loop fits a wide range of ski tip shapes
- Pre-cut bikini-style tail to reduce drag
- Allows for easy adjustment between different skis or one-and-done tensioning