At Skookum Cycle & Ski, we have what you need to get out there and have your best day playing in the hills, whether you’re rolling or sliding!
Located in Salmon Arm, BC – in the heart of the Shuswap, BC.
At Skookum Cycle & Ski, we have what you need to get out there and have your best day playing in the hills, whether you’re rolling or sliding! Bikes, skis, boards, gear, clothing and accessories; chances are, we have what you’re looking for. Not only do we stock great gear, we repair all types of bikes, and completely tune up ski’s and boards.
For us, it’s about more than just the gear; it’s how the gear fits and works for you so you get the most comfort, performance and enjoyment out of your gear every time you use it. On the trail or on the snow, we work hard to make sure you have the right stuff for you and what you do. And, because we’ve been at this since 1998, you get the benefit of years of experience and training.
At Skookum, we work and play where we live. We believe in our communities and in contributing to their lifestyle and culture; when we’re not at work, chances are you’ll find one of us volunteering at or organizing a local event. Bike races, ski races, movie nights, triathlons. We are proud financial and volunteer supporters of many local, non-profit organizations including the Larch Hills Junior Ski Team, Shuswap Cycling Club and Shuswap Trail Alliance.
Dynafit TLT6 Mountain CR Boot
Lightweight and performance: TLT Mountain MS is the right choice for expert skiers seeking a lightweight boot for climbing, walking and training without compromising on downhill fun. You can modify the degree of flex to suit your needs by using it together with the removable Downhill Booster tongue, which combines with the very effective Ultra Lock Strap and the customizable forward lean of the cuff to ensure the TLT 6 delivers outstanding downhill performance. The construction combines Grilamid® and Pebax® to provide a ski which forgives mistakes thanks to its elasticity while making boot fitting easy. TLT6 leads the field in ascents, thanks to the short sole and enhanced roll and mobility as well as providing perfect crampon compatibility. The architecture with rear spoiler and the Ultra-Lock Closure System 2.0 ensure unbelievable mobility, and changing from ski to walk mode or vice-versa can be achieved with one movement. The Custom Ready liner provides out-of-the-box comfort and has been designed for those looking for ease of use and good thermal insulation.
Smith Knowledge Turbo Fan Snow Goggles
The large interior volume of the Knowledge Turbo Fan OTG accommodates a wide range of eyeglass sizes while also fueling the fog-fighting performance of our patented Turbo Fan technology. Combined with our proprietary 5X™ anti-fog inner lens, the Knowledge provides incredible anti-fog performance for eyeglass wearers.
- Two-speed micro-electronic turbo exhaust fan
- Cylindrical carbonic-x lens
- 5X™ anti-fog inner lens
- TLT lens technology for crystal clear vision
- Patented Porex™ filter prevents optical distortion during changes in elevation
- Large fit
- QuickFit strap adjustment system with clip buckle
- Helmet compatible
- ODS3 & eyeglass compatible
- Floating foam membrane eliminates eyeglass temple pressure
- Ultra-wide, silicone backed strap
- Articulating strap positioning system
- Includes microfiber goggle bag
- PivLock™ nose bridge and goggle nose bridge adaptor included
- Microfiber cleaning cloth and storage bag included
Smith Vantage Snow Helmet
The Vantage was built for the hard-core, demanding the ultimate in everything. Using Aerocore™ construction that features Koroyd®, it simultaneously maximizes full coverage protection and increased airflow. For the most custom fit, the Vantage offers the all BOA® FS360 fit system, with a 360º halo design. Combine all this with the Smith pioneered AirEvac technology for goggle integration, and the Vantage delivers the perfect blend of technology and style.
- Hybrid SL construction
- Aerocore™ construction featuring Koroyd™
- Low-profile dual regulator adjustable climate control
- 21 vents
- *MIPS system available in select colors
- Adjustable Boa® FS360 fit system
- Nanosilver performance lining
- Snapfit SL2 earpads
- AirEvac 2 ventilation
- Removable ultra-light goggle lock
- Outdoor Tech™ audio systems available
2017 Rocky Mountain Pipeline 750 MSL
The confidence of plus-sized tires in raw, technical terrain is now available in an aggressive trail chassis. The new Pipeline plows through greasy roots and square-edged chunder with authority, while providing near limitless traction on rocky, slippery climbs.
- Frame – SMOOTHWALL Carbon C13 front triangle and FORM 7005 Series Custom Hydroformed Boost 148mm Rear Triangle
- Shock – RockShox Monarch RT Debonair 130mm
- Fork – RockShox Yari RC 150mm
- Brakes – Shimano M506
- Shifters – Shimano XT
- Rear Derailleur – Shimano XT
- Seatpost – RockShox Reverb Stealth
2017 Rocky Mountain Growler 740
The Growler takes full advantage of high volume 27.5+ tires and next generation trail geometry for a capable, confident ride. More traction makes short work of scrabbly climbs, more forgiveness helps hold aggressive lines, and intuitive handling keeps the ride playful. Cheers, eh!
- Frame – Rocky Mountain 6061 Series Custom Hydroformed Alloy
- Fork – Suntour Raidon 32 LO Air 120mm
- Brakes – Shimano M355
- Shifters – Sram NX
- Rear Derailleur – Sram NX
- Seatpost – Rocky Mountain SL 30.9mm